Monday, February 18, 2008

President Elmo?

Today our church was cancelled due to the inclement weather, like many other churches in the area. Our Stake President suggested that we hold sacrament services in our homes with our families.

Rudi was cute. He repositioned our antique radio to serve as the pulpit, and used our FHE/Game Room's folding chairs as the pews. Ethan volunteered to serve as Bishop, with Rudi of course on piano, me as chorister and Ashton all over the place. We opened with a song and a prayer and then Bishop Ethan conducted the meeting. He and Rudi gave talks and Ash and I bore our testimonies of the gospel. As Ashton was bearing his testimony, I whispered what he should say. It went something like this...

Mommy whispers into his ear: "I want to bear my testimony..."

Ash: "I want to bear my testimony..."

Mommy: "I know the church is true."

Ash: "I know the church is true."

Mommy: "I know the Book of Mormon is true."

Ash: "I know the Book of Mormon is true."

Mommy: "I believe in the prophet, President Monson."

Ash: "I believe in the prophet, President MONSTER."


Anyone that knows Ashton knows he has a love of all things Elmo, but I would never pegg Elmo as a prophet of God. How funny!

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Love it! I think they should cancel church more often. ;)

The Fantastic Four said...

We got 26 inches of snow and they didn't cancel our church!! =)

Love the "monster" thing...too cute!!

Polly said...

This is such a cute story...I have to say that I don't miss that type of weather, though!

Cindy said...

That is such a great idea. Bishop Ethan. What a crack up. I love the prophet monster. Too funny. Your boys are adorable.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I think all of them are Great!!! THANKS Rudy

AKA SBGOLD