Friday, February 1, 2008

The Mother of Invention

As a mother, there are a few devices I wish someone would invent to make my life easier...

- The Lego Vaccumm - It's a special vaccuum that only picks up Legos and would be a miracle savor when the 2-year-old dumps the whole box over right after clean-up is over. There would also be an alternative model called the Barbie Shoe Vaccuum.

- Bath Color Tablets with a Purpose - You know the tablets you can put in the bath water to tint it blue or green or whatever, I wish they had these that helped you determine if your two-year-old was about to poop in the water.

-Splash Proof Glass - Okay, so we've all heard of bullet-proof glass...why not splash proof glass for the bath tub that would prevent the kiddos from turning the bathroom floor into the 6th Great Lake. It could come up from the side of the tub with a touch of a button that would go six feet high. This is especially needful when the builder of your house puts carpet around the tub....yeah, he doesn't have kids, does he?

- Control "Z" for Moms - You know, the short cut that allows you to "undo" on your computer. I wish they had one that would work in life....like let's "control z" the fact that you just took the Sharpie and drew over the 100-year-old quilt. (Thanks Dad for leaving the Sharpie out)

- Sticky Proof Soap - If they can make tooth paste that will put a protective barrier on your teeth for 12 hours, and soap scum remover for the tub that has teflon that put a barrier against future soap scum, then why not a soap for kids that puts a protective barrier that they won't become sticky minutes after you've washed them?

- Cookie-Colored Glasses - Special glasses (similar to their Rose-colored version) that when worn by your child, would make any and all foods -- including vegetables -- look and taste like cookies. Maybe my boys would actually touch their salad!

Just some venting from a mom who picked up a large container of Legos three times yesterday. (with some kid supervision and help)

8 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

These sound like GREAT inventions! Let me know when they're on the market! I can get you lots of customers! LOL

Stacy F said...

Oh those are fantastic! I want that control Z one!!

Topher said...

I'll buy one of your lego vacs. And a pair of those cookie glasses for myself. Wait, no, make it two pair just in case I eat one.

My Many Coloured Days said...

Your title is very punny! All of those sound great... Lori, and I can totally understand where the desire for them stems. I had a special truck when I was a kid that we would roll over all of our legos and it picked them up... I wonder if they still make these?

Anonymous said...

You are too nice. Set the timer for 10 minutes, tell them when the timer goes off, you will pick up all the remaining legos (or toys) and you will throw them in the trash. Make sure you 1-you can follow through, and 2-that you put them in the dumpster outside so they have no way of retrieving them! It worked for me, and I only had to throw away once, and deal with the traumatic drama once. But even if I am bluffing now, they still believe me! ha ha
ali packard :)

Kristy said...

Fabulous ideas!

May I add one? I would like to be able to Photoshop out my wrinkles, blemishes, and love handles in the mirror every morning.

Himni said...

Nice. I also could use a mute button for Sadie and some device that could deliver a mild electric shock every time someone tattled.

Jenn Baird said...

Lori Garcia look at your cute 2 kids and your fun blog. I am new to the blog world and I loved this fun post of yours. Legos are a particular pain.