Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Easter Bunny - Not so cute and cuddly?!

My friend Jenny (from the South side of the city :o) and I got together this week since school was out and the kids were anxious for playmates. We decided to go to the mall to visit the Easter bunny and ride the Merry-go-Round. We let the boys play around in the old playground area (minus the playground equipt because it's under construction, but the kids didn't mind) and waited until the line was short. As we stood in line, Jenny and I wondered if we could take pictures ourselves instead of buying theirs at $20 for a wallet. We noticed the other parents were taking pictures, so we felt safe to do so as well.

Unfortunately, the Easter Bunny (of which I have on good authority is a girl) and who is not as soft and cuddly on the inside as first believed, came over to me and curtly declared I would only get one shot (we're guessing this is because I had a professional camera.) Since the Bunny wasn't feeling the Easter love, we did our best. (See the two pictures below with the infamous bunny!)

The boys. I'm glad they are all close in age and love to play together!



Her cheerful vest, with its school-bus-yellow flower buttons, and her warm and fuzzy exterior are only a ploy, as her inside is icy....





2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love love love your description of the Easter bunny. I was trying to explain to Chris the weirdness and I think you did a wonderful job! The photos turned out great!

thepainterfamily said...

HAH! Who knew that Easter bunnies could be intimidated by fancy cameras? Usually it is their stuffed, unblinking, perma-smile face (not to mention ginormo-head) that scares off potential "sitters"... I say WAY TO GO!! hehe!